If you are looking to experience a unique and diverse market experience in Cork City, then Marina Market Cork is the place for you. This bustling indoor market is a hidden gem that offers a wide range of attractions for visitors of all kinds.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about Marina Market Cork, from its location and offerings to its amenities and operating hours.
Table of Contents
Marina Market Cork City How it All Started
The Marina Market Cork City is located on Centre Park Road in Cork and opened to the public in September 2020. It became an “outdoor” venue for traders who could sell to the public in an outdoor space. Since opening, it has become loved as one of the best places in Cork City to get fantastic food.
The Marina Market Cork is not just a trendy place to hang out with friends but a place for social gatherings. You can hang out all day in the Marina Market Cork, chat with friends, visit stalls, and chat with many vendors.
Bring your dog along and meet with other dog lovers as the roam the Marina Market Cork. The Marina Market in Cork City prides itself on being open to everyone, two or 4-legged.
Location and Accessibility
The Marina Market Cork is conveniently located in Cork City on Centre Park Road, making it easily accessible for locals and tourists. While parking at the premises is limited, you’ll be pleased to know it’s within walking distance of the train and bus stations. So, whether you’re arriving by car or public transportation, you can easily reach this vibrant market.
List of Vendors
The Marina Market Cork City has many food, clothing and accessories vendors. They even have a men’s hairdresser, so you can grab a coffee and get a trim.
Food & Drink Vendors
- Guji Coffee Bar – Boutique Cofee Bar serving speciality roasts from South and Central America and Ethiopia.
- Hansum – Rotisserie chicken stall serving pull chicken sandwiches, salads and more.
- Sultan – Midleton Eastern Oasis serving kebabs, shawarma, vegan mezze boxes and more.
- Leahys Open Farm Icecream – Providing artisanal award-winning ice cream and Chocolates, bubble waffle cones and artisan milkshakes. All made on their farm in East Cork.
- La Creme – Bubble waffles, crépes and milkshakes.
- Messy Buns – Unique and delicious cupcakes.
- Dinky Donuts – as well as delicious crépes they have the best mini doughnuts in the Marina Market.
- Saucy Cow – #1 vegan food stall in Marina Market
- Poulet Vous – Korean street food stall.
- Oak Fire Pizza – Amazing oak-fired pizza.
- Alchemy – Fantastic coffee and sweet treats
- Crafted Sausage – breakfast boxes, baps and great sausage (who doesn’t love a bit of sausage)
- Young Plant – salads on steroids. (You don’t have to be vegetarian to enjoy good food)
- No Sin – great-tasting smoothies
- Prátaí – the best spud stall in the Marina Market selling loaded fries to baked potato.
- Nua Asador – award-winning meat cooked on an open flame (heaven, unless you are vegan)
- Sicilian Delights – a taste of Sicily, a unique stall selling traditional Italian Cuisine.
- Burritos & Blues – Tacos, nachos, burritos packed with flavours at Burritos & Blues
- Stew Store – more than just stew, they have one pot cuisine from around the world from curries to Greek Lamb Stifado
- MKT Burger – Delicious range of exquisite burgers
- White Rabbit – some of the best BBQ food in the Marina Market
- The Egg Bar – One of the best locations for breakfast in the Marina Market, available all day.
- Eco’s – If you want fantastic fish and chips this is the stall for you
- CandyRockLane – sweets, sweets, sweets!
- Stodio Macarons – a range of delicious and pretty macrons.
- Kura Sushi – handmade nigiri, sushi platters, hosomaki and katsu curry
- Joey Scones – handmade delicious scones and a range of some of the best teas in the Marina Market
- La Cantina Company – extraordinary Venezuelan food you need to try
- Hana – Korean BBQ food (sister business to Poulet Vous, so you know it’s good). Visit my article on Hana Marina Market for more information.
- Griolladh – one of the newest vendors with one of the best ranges of grilled sandwiches in Cork City. Read my article on Griolladh Marina Market Cork for more info.
- Tung Sing Restaurant – The Tung Sing food stall in the Marina market opened just before Christmas in 2023 and offers some amazing Chinese food that Cork has come to love and enjoy.
Clothing, Beauty & Accessory Vendors
- Ivy’s Attic – Vintage-inspired Jewellery with a twist
- Kawai Store and More – T-shirts and accessories (a whole lot of accessories)
- Luna Maille – Hand-made Irish Jewellery
- John Seagram Fragrances – Candles, Home Fragrances, essential oils, men’s beard oil and more.
- JB Barbers – Mens hair salon
Retail Therapy and Services
The Marina Market Cork City isn’t just about food. It also boasts a variety of stalls selling clothing, jewellery, beauty products, and trinkets. If you’re in the mood for retail therapy or searching for unique gifts, you’ll find plenty of options here. There’s even a hairdresser’s stall, making it a one-stop destination for all your shopping and grooming needs.
One of my daughter’s favourite stalls is the Kawaii Store and More run, which has the best range of unique merchandise you will come across in Cork City. From printed t-shirts to retro earrings and keyrings, you will be amazed at their range of goods. You have to visit this stall and look at their fantastic range of products.
If you are looking for unique handcrafted Irish Jewellery, then Luna Maille is the stall to visit. Owner and creator Aine Cudlip sells some fantastic handmade pieces for men and women from her stall in the Marina Market Cork City. I recently purchased a men’s beaded bracelet that I absolutely love and can’t wait to return to buy more. Read my article on Lune Maille for more information.
Fragrances and More
As a bearded man, I recently found a fantastic stall run by John Seagram of John Seagram Fragrances. His beard oil is just excellent; it uses all-natural products, and they smell amazing. John sells a range of soaps, candles, home fragrances, aromatherapy essential oils, and beard oil. Everything is made using natural ingredients, and John takes great care and pride in everything he sells; you must visit him.
Marina Market Food
One of the standout features of the Marina Market Cork is its diverse range of food stalls. From savoury to sweet, you’ll find an array of culinary delights to satisfy your taste buds. Whether you’re ready for a quick coffee, international cuisine, or artisanal treats, this market covers you. Enjoy your meal in a relaxed setting with ample seating, including comfortable leather chairs.
Marina Market Food Stalls
You will be spoiled for food choices when you visit the Marina Market Cork City. Once you arrive at the entrance, you will be treated to the aroma of pizza cooking in a wood-fired oven at Oak Fired Pizza. As you walk by each food vendor, your mouth will salivate as you see rotisserie chicken being cut, meats being roasted over open flames and sushi being prepared at Kura Sushi Cuisine.
Marina Market Breakfast
Over the last year or so more and more Marina Market vendors have been producing fantastic breakfast options. The Marina Market Breakfast offering has exploded and people will often pop in early in the morning or even lunch for a delicious breakfast treat.
Some of the main places to try for a Marina Market Breakfast are, the crafted Sauage for one of the best Breakfast Baps in the Marina Market. The Egg Bar for a delicious brunch option and Hana do amazing breakfast options before Midday.
Vegan Food Marina Market
The Marina Market has a large selection to cater to everyone. Several food vendors offer vegan options, but the newest stall to open has been the Saucy Cow, which serves some of the best vegan food in town.
Korean Food Marina Market
One of their new food vendors in the last few days is Hana, which offers Koren BBQ Food and a delicious breakfast menu. Hana is a sister business of Poulet Vous, which sells Korean Street food and is probably one of the busiest food vendors in the market. Please read my article on Hana for more information.
Sweet Treats Marina Market
If you have a sweet tooth, you are more than catered to at the Marina Market, from the best ice cream in Cork served by Leahy’s Open Farm Ice Cream to scrumptious buns at Messy Buns. Marina Market Cork has become the place to go for something to eat in Cork City.
Independently Owned Stalls
Solo traders run each stall within the Marina Market Cork City. This means you can expect a diverse and unique range of products and services, often with a personal touch. Supporting local entrepreneurs and artisans is a great way to discover hidden gems you won’t find in larger commercial establishments.
Pop Up Stalls
Along with the daily traders in the Marine Market Cork, you will regularly get pop-up vendors who bring something unique to Marina Market, especially on the weekend.
One of my all-time favourite pop-up vendors is Pokebundles Stall, run by Tony and Anna, the two best people in Ireland. This fantastic pair bring a real sense of fun and excitement every time they set up a stall in the Marina Market Cork, selling unique Pokemon cards and merchandise. You can feel the buzz as kids and adults discuss their passion for Pokemon with Tony and Anna. I always watch out for them when they travel down from Limerick to set up in the Marina in Cork.
Marina Market Cork Opening Hours
The Marina Market is open seven days a week, ensuring you can enjoy its offerings conveniently. Operating from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily, it provides an extensive window of opportunity to explore, shop, dine, and unwind.
Summing up The Market
In conclusion, the Marina Market in Cork City is a multifaceted destination catering to various interests and needs. Whether you’re a foodie, a shopaholic, or just looking for a unique place to hang out, this indoor market has it all.
With its central location and convenient amenities, it’s no wonder that the Marina Market has become a beloved spot for locals and a must-visit for visitors. Plan your visit and experience the vibrant atmosphere for yourself – you won’t be disappointed.
10 Reasons Why Marina Market Cork is the Best Place to Visit
- Diverse Food Options: Marina Market Centre Park Road, offers various food stalls catering to different dietary preferences, from vegan options to delicious ice cream treats.
- Dog-Friendly Atmosphere: It’s dog-friendly, making it an excellent spot for pet owners who want to enjoy the market with their furry friends. The Marina often holds special dog training events to check their events calendar.
- Shopping for Clothing and Accessories: Besides food, you can explore clothing and accessory stalls, allowing you to shop for unique items while enjoying the market.
- Dessert Heaven: This Cork Food Market allows you to indulge in mouthwatering desserts, satisfying your sweet cravings. Stalls like Leahys Open Farm Icecream or Messybuns are a perfect way to indulge in a sweet treat.
- Special Events: You can always find something of interest every week at the Marina Food Market when they run one of their special events. Pop-up movie nights to roller disco skating always provide the perfect way to unwind at the Marina Market.
- Curry Delights: Craving curry? You can savour delicious curry dishes at the market, adding a flavorful twist to your visit.
- Sushi Selection: Sushi enthusiasts can enjoy fresh and tasty sushi options, offering a delightful culinary experience.
- Community Gathering: The Market serves as a community gathering spot, bringing people together to enjoy good food, shopping, and a friendly atmosphere.
- Unique and Local Vendors: Supporting local businesses is always a plus, and by visiting the market, you can explore products and cuisine from local vendors. Each weekend, you can find a variety of pop-up vendors from Pokebundles Ireland (my personal favourite) to Tongue Tied Hot Sauce.
- Enjoyment for All Ages: Whether you’re a foodie, shopper, pet lover, or just looking for a fun outing, Marina Market offers something for visitors of all ages and interests.
What Stalls are in the Marina Market Cork?
Guji Coffee Bar.
Leahys Open Farm Icecream
Oak Fire Pizza.
Burritos & Blues.
The Egg Bar.
La Cantina Company.
Is Marina Market parking free?
Marina Market offers free car parking onsite in their car park and down their side road adjacent to their car park. Parking is not permitted along the docklands, and Cork City Council actively clamps cars that park here.
What are Marina Markets Opening Hours?
The Marina Market in Cork City opens Monday to Sunday, 8am to 8pm all week. Weekends are hectic and mornings can be quiet so its perfect for breakfast.
Is the Marina Market Closing down?
As of 2023, the Marina Market has successfully gained planning permission from Cork City Council to remain open for five years. The planning issues are ongoing with the Cork City Council, but the Marina Market will stay open for continued operation for the next five years.