Where to Stay in Dingle, Ireland
In Dingle, where the town’s charm is as genuine as its welcoming residents, bed and breakfast Dingle accommodations have become the heartbeat of authentic experience seekers. These cosy retreats, tucked amid the colourful buildings and historic streets, offer more than just a place to lay your head. They provide a doorway to the town’s soul, immersing visitors in the local culture and hospitality.
Table of Contents
B&B Dingle Ireland
Choosing a bed and breakfast in Dingle, Ireland, isn’t just about finding a place to stay; it’s a deliberate decision to become part of the town’s story.
Each Dingle B&B offers a unique ambience and personalized service and is often run by locals with an intimate knowledge of the area; visitors can expect an immersive and genuine encounter with Dingle’s way of life.
Whether waking up to the smell of a homemade Irish breakfast or simply enjoying the comfort of a quaint room with a view, bed and breakfast, Dingle offers everything you need. The popularity of bed and breakfast in Dingle is rooted in the desire for an authentic and enriching experience. It’s not just a bed for the night; it’s an invitation to become a temporary resident and forge connections beyond the typical tourist experience.
B&B Dingle Seafront Accommodation
Bed and Breakfast on Dingle seafront offers some of the most beautiful views in Ireland. I have selected some of the best B&Bs in Dingle, Ireland, with fantastic seafront views. Each of the top bed and breakfast Dingle offers on the seafront has been included to allow you to pick the best b and b for your stay.
The Quayside B&B Dingle
Discover the Quayside B&B in Dingle – a charming 19th-century stone stable turned guesthouse overlooking Dingle Harbour. Enjoy cosy ensuite bedrooms with modern comforts like satellite TVs. Immerse yourself in old-world charm with free WiFi, offering a perfect blend of history and hospitality for a delightful stay in the heart of Dingle. The Quayside bed and breakfast Dingle offers superb views and comfortable rooms.
All rooms are ensuite, including a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, and a hairdryer.
- Double Room
- Double or Twin Seaview Room
- Triple Room
Checkin in between 4pm and 8pm – Checkout 11am
Visit The Quayside Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Murphy’s Pub Bed and Breakfast Dingle
Murphy’s Bed and Breakfast in Dingle is located above their pub in the centre of Dingle. The pub offers some of the best food in town, and the pints of Guinness are superb. You have accommodation and a fantastic Irish pub all in one spot. Breakfast is included and served in the closed pub in the mornings. Suppose you want to taste traditional Irish food. In that case, the pub offers an excellent selection so that you can stay within your accommodation. Murphy’s bed and breakfast Dingle offers the perfect opportunity to get the total Irish experience.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, and towels.
- Single Room
- Double Room
- Family Room
Visit Murphy’s Pub Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland website for more information
Emlagh Lodge Dingle
Discover the award-winning Emlagh Lodge in Dingle, perched on the scenic Dingle Shore. Enjoy stunning sea views from their bright rooms, providing the perfect backdrop for exploring the Dingle Peninsula. Delight in a delicious breakfast menu each morning, crafted with high-quality ingredients. The Emlagh Lodge bed and breakfast Dingle offers stunning sea views of Dingle Harbour in comfort.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities.
- Bayview Room (single)
- Calhame Room (double)
- Seaview Room (Family Room)
Free Parking available
Visit Emlagh Lodge B&B Dingle Website for more information.
Waterfront B&B Dingle
Nestled in comfort at The Waterfront Dingle, enjoy beautifully decorated rooms showcasing period features. Choose from Double, Twin, or family-friendly accommodations. Wake to a diverse breakfast menu featuring Irish classics, pancakes, or continental options. Catering to various diets, the Waterfront B&B Dingle ensures a delightful stay in scenic Dingle. The Waterfront Bed and Breakfast Dingle offers stylish accommodation right on the waterfront of Dingle.
All rooms are ensuite, including a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer.
- Small Double Room
- Double Seaview Room
- Double Gardenview Room
Checkin between 4pm and 7pm – Checkout 11am
Free Parking available
Visit Waterfront Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Dingle Marina Lodge
Experience warmth and comfort at Dingle Marina Lodge. Hosts Thomas & Katharine provide a cosy environment with daily coffee and sweets. They offer personalized tips, maps, and a delicious breakfast in the bright dining room—cooked to order and complemented by a buffet of delightful choices. A perfect haven for your Dingle stay. The Dingle Marina Lodge bed and breakfast offers a comfortable stay with a unique touch of Irish hospitality.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities
- Twin Room
- Double Room
- Triple Room
- Family Room
Visit Dingle Marina Lodge Website for more information
Harbour Nights Bed and Breakfast
Discover modern comfort at Harbour Nights B&B in the heart of Dingle. With 17 spacious ensuite rooms, enjoy amenities like tea/coffee facilities, TVs, and hairdryers. Seven rooms feature balconies for stunning harbour views. Relax in the television lounge and take advantage of private Parking. Your perfect blend of comfort and scenery awaits. The Harbour Nights bed and breakfast Dingle offers a large selection of B&B rooms that comfortable and have scenic views of the harbour.
All rooms are ensuite and have free WiFi, TV, tea/coffee facilities, and a hairdryer.
- Double & Single Streetview rooms
- Double Streetview Rooms
- Double & Single Groundfloor Room
- Double Groundfloor Room
- Double Seaview Room
- Double & Single Seaview Room
- Family Room
Visitin Harbour Nights Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information
Coastline House Bed and Breakfast
Nestled on Dingle’s seafront, The Coastline House B&B offers superb accommodation on the Wild Atlantic Way. Just a five-minute walk from the pier, restaurants, and pubs, this Fáilte Ireland 5* gem combines quality and value. Enjoy private Parking, bicycle storage, and a bright lounge with harbour views. Your perfect Dingle retreat awaits at the Coastline House bed and breakfast Dingle.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, complimentary toiletries, and a hairdryer.
- Double & Single Rooms
- Double Room
- Family Room
Visit Coastline House Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Dingle Guesthouse Accommodation
Dingle Guesthouses, sometimes called “Boutique B&Bs”, offer an extra touch of elegance and sophistication to your stay. They offer all the traditional experience of an Irish Bed and Breakfast with the comforts of a hotel experience. These Dingle Guesthouses offer an additional level of elegance that you wouldn’t expect in most B&Bs and can make your stay a little extra special.
Heatons Guesthouse Dingle
Experience Dingle’s beauty at Heaton’s Guesthouse, nestled on Dingle Bay, a short walk from town. Offering superb Bed & Breakfast with traditional Irish warmth and cleanliness, Heaton’s boasts outstanding hospitality. It is voted among Ireland’s best and provides a unique blend of comfort and breathtaking views. Your perfect stay in Dingle awaits. Rooms come with a private ensuite, and some are furnished with antique furniture, adding a touch of elegance you wouldn’t expect in a bed and breakfast.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, filtered water, complimentary toiletries, luxury Irish Bed Linen, Luxury Bath Robes and Slippers, Ironing facilities and a hairdryer.
- Double Twin Rooms
- Deluxe Garden View Room
- Deluxe Double Seaview Room
- Triple Seaview Room
- Junior Suite
Visit Heatons Guesthouse Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Step into luxury at Castlewood House, Dingle’s epitome of style since 2005. Brian and Helen’s boutique gem offers sophistication and comfort. Relax in the elegant drawing room overlooking Dingle Bay with a marble fireplace. Indulge in complimentary tea, homemade cakes, and an honesty bar. Every detail ensures a refined, memorable stay.
All rooms have a marble ensuite with a jacuzzi bath, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, filtered water, complimentary toiletries, luxury Irish Bed Linen, Bath Robes and Slippers, Ironing facilities and a hairdryer.
- Classic Room (Superking or Twin Beds)
- Superior Room (Double or Twin Beds)
- Deluxe Room (King, Queen or Twin Beds)
- Junior Suite (Superking Bed)
Visit Castlewood House Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
B&B Dingle Town Centre Accommodation
If you are looking for accommodation in Dingle Town Centre, then my list of best places to stay in Dingle, Ireland, is what you need.
There is plenty of accommodation in Dingle Town Centre. I have picked the best option to help you decide where to stay in Dingle, Ireland.
An Capall Dubh
Discover the perfect Dingle stay at An Capall Dubh (pronounced cop-al duv), offering family-run bed & breakfast and self-catering homes. Conveniently located in the town centre with private Parking, it’s your gateway to explore the Dingle Peninsula. All rooms offer comfortable beds with ensuite facilities. The hidden courtyard provides a peaceful retreat to unwind during your stay in this welcoming accommodation. An Capall Dubh bed and breakfast Dingle offers superb accommodation in the perfect location.
- Double Rooms
- Family Rooms
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms
- Two Bed House
- Three Bed House
Visit An Capall Dubh Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Enjoy breathtaking sea views at Seaview Heights Guesthouse in Dingle. With free WiFi and Parking, this inviting stay is a 5-minute stroll from Dingle Marina. Each room features sea views, a flat-screen TV, and coffee facilities, all with private bathrooms. Explore Dingle’s town centre, bars, and restaurants just a 10-minute walk away. Seaview Heights bed and breakfast Dingle offers superb views in close proximity to the town.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities and complimentary toiletries.
- Double Streetview Room
- Twin Seaview Room
- Double & Single Seaview Room
Visit Seaview Heights Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Greenmount House Dingle
Discover comfort and tranquillity at Greenmount House in Dingle, owned by the Curran family since 1977. This modern, architect-designed guesthouse boasts ample free Parking and private gardens. Enjoy spacious rooms with the charm of a country house, complemented by spectacular panoramic views of Dingle Bay. A short 5-minute walk takes you to Dingle town’s lively restaurants, pubs, and shops. The Greenmount House bed and breakfast Dingle offer a comfortable stay within walking distance of the centre of Dingle town.
All rooms are ensuite, have free WiFi, and include a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities.
- Superior Seaview Room (King/twin Bed)
- Superior Garden View Room (King/twin Bed)
- Traditional Rooms (Queen/twin bed)
Visit Greenmount House Bed and Breakfast Dingle, Ireland Website for more information.
Tips for Booking Your Bed and Breakfast in Dingle
When planning your stay in the picturesque town of Dingle, securing your ideal bed and breakfast is crucial in ensuring a memorable experience. Here’s a guide to help you navigate the booking process:
1. Define Your Preferences:
- Consider your preferences regarding location, amenities, and room type.
- Determine if you prefer booking directly with the B&B or online.
2. Research Bed and Breakfasts:
- Explore various bed and breakfast options in Dingle.
- Read reviews on TripAdvisor, Booking.com, or Google to gauge previous guests’ experiences.
3. Visit B&B Websites:
- Check the official websites of the bed and breakfasts you are interested in.
- Direct bookings through the official website may sometimes offer special promotions or discounts.
4. Online Booking Platforms:
- Popular online platforms like Booking.com, Airbnb, and Expedia are excellent resources for finding and booking accommodations.
- Use filters to refine your search based on your preferences.
5. Contacting the B&B Directly:
- If you prefer a more personal touch, consider reaching out directly to the B&B.
- Inquire about availability, rates, and any special offers they may have.
6. Check Cancellation Policies:
- Review the bed and breakfast cancellation policies and the booking platform to understand the terms and conditions.
7. Secure Your Reservation:
- Once you’ve made your decision, proceed to secure your reservation.
- Be sure to receive a confirmation email with details of your booking.
8. Payment Options:
- Depending on the B&B and the platform, payment may be required upfront or upon arrival.
- Familiarize yourself with the payment process to avoid any surprises.
9. Review Confirmation Details:
- Double-check your reservation details, including check-in/checkout times and any additional instructions provided by the B&B.
10. Enjoy Your Stay:
- With your booking confirmed, all that’s left is anticipating and enjoying your time in Dingle!
Whether you choose to book through popular online platforms or directly with the bed and breakfast, taking the time to research and secure your reservation ensures a smooth and delightful experience during your stay in Dingle.
Tips for American Visitors Exploring Dingle
1. Embrace the Irish Pace:
- Dingle operates on “Irish time.” Embrace the laid-back Pace and savour the unhurried atmosphere.
2. Engage in Conversation:
- The Irish love a good chat. Strike up conversations with locals in pubs, shops, and restaurants for a genuine Dingle experience.
3. Currency and Tipping:
- Euro is the local currency. Tipping in Irish Restaurants is optional but always appreciated. Irish tend to tip for good service, and new legislation requires a tipping policy to be displayed. This ensures that the customer knows how the tips are shared with staff.
4. Weather Preparedness:
- Pack layers. Dingle weather can be unpredictable. Rain gear and a sweater are handy, even in summer. Irish weather changes hourly; you could have sun and rain together (an Irish sun shower) and then have bitter cold winds and sunny again.
5. Driving Tips:
- If driving, familiarize yourself with Irish road signs and the concept of narrow roads. Consider renting a smaller car for ease on narrow lanes. Irish drive on the left side of the road, and drivers to your right have the right of way. This is important to remember to take the right turns or use roundabouts. Everyone in the car must wear a seatbelt. In Ireland, some roads have speed limits where driving at the recommended speed limit is impossible and almost dangerous, especially on country roads. Always drive with caution.
6. Pubs and Music Sessions:
- Dingle is renowned for its traditional Irish music. Check out local pubs like Dick Mack’s and Foxy John’s for an authentic session.
7. Explore Slea Head Drive:
- Take advantage of the scenic Slea Head Drive. Take your time exploring the stunning coastal landscapes and historical sites.
8. Respect Local Traditions:
- Respect local customs and traditions. Ireland places high value on politeness and friendliness. My advice that I always follow, regardless of where I travel, is to never talk about religion or politics. It avoids a lot of problems.
10. Opening Hours:
- Note that some businesses may close earlier than expected, particularly on Sundays. Plan accordingly.
11. Cultural Events:
- Check local event listings for festivals and cultural events during your visit. Dingle often hosts vibrant celebrations.
12. Taste Local Cuisine:
- Explore local cuisine, from fresh seafood to traditional Irish dishes. Don’t miss Murphy’s Ice Cream!
13. Dingle Peninsula Walks:
- If you enjoy walking, explore some of the scenic trails on the Dingle Peninsula. Breathtaking views await.
14. Language Nuances:
- English is spoken, but you may hear Irish (Gaelic). While not necessary, locals appreciate attempts to use common Irish phrases. Don’t be afraid to try some sayings; it’s fun, and the Irish love it.
15. My Final Tip
- This is an essential tip that I like to give to American visitors. Irish people love sarcasm; we enjoy making people believe something ridiculous; it’s our nature. We call it “taking the piss” or “having the craic”. We Irish especially love to tell “yarns” to American tourists because, for some reason, you believe almost everything we say. Take everything locals tell you with a pinch of salt, especially if you are in the pub. The Irish are great for telling stories, and sometimes it’s hard to tell if we are being 100% truthful, but it’s always in good fun and taste.
Embark on Your Dingle Adventure
As we conclude this journey through the captivating town of Dingle, it’s impossible not to be enchanted by its unique charm and warm hospitality. From the town centre’s colourful streets to the Dingle Peninsula’s breathtaking vistas, every corner of this Irish gem tells a story.
Dingle’s bed and breakfast experience goes beyond accommodation; it’s an immersion into the heart of the community. Whether you choose the panoramic views from Seaview Heights, the modern elegance of Castlewood House, or the intimate warmth of Greenmount House, each stay promises a genuine connection to the spirit of Dingle.
As you envision your Dingle adventure, picture waking up in a cosy room with the scent of a homemade Irish breakfast wafting through the air. Imagine strolling through the vibrant town, conversing with friendly locals, and discovering the hidden gems along the Dingle Peninsula.
Dingle invites you to embrace its Pace, savour its flavours, and become part of its story. Whether you’re drawn by the lively pubs resonating with traditional Irish music or the tranquillity of the seaside, Dingle offers an experience that lingers in the heart.
So, pack your curiosity, leave behind the rush of everyday life, and venture into the embrace of Dingle. Your bed and breakfast awaits, promising not just a place to rest but a genuine connection to the magic of this Irish haven. The charming streets, the welcoming locals, and the rich cultural tapestry are ready to weave unforgettable memories.
As you embark on your Dingle adventure, may you find the comfort of a cosy bed, the warmth of new friendships, and the beauty of a destination that feels like home. Slán go fóill (goodbye for now), and may your Dingle adventure be filled with joy, discovery, and the spirit of genuine Irish hospitality!